poniedziałek, 7 marca 2011

Live here, live in Poland.

If you are moving to another country without any guarantee job and place to stay it could be difficult. Yes, it is. We did like that and we had a test of our characters. You know what? We passed it!
That was a hard time. After fly from Gdansk to Eindhoven, we used couchsurfing (thx Rob!) for one night and then try to take a auto stop to Brussels.  Finally we arrived to Aalst and… slept few nights in car! Everything was good, except time when temperature dropped under 0*C. Was really cold. I found a job(at first day !), not specially job but I can live here with my girlfriend. Still we don’t have our place but we have roof over our heads .


About what I want write today? I did not discover New America, but I would to write about differences between live here and live there, in Poland. I will describe everything on the numbers. I don’t live here so long, but everybody who live here 2 weeks and work, and spent their money will see huuuge differences. Of course you can’t count money like 1eu=4pln it’s makes no sense. You live here, not in Poland. So…

In Poland we have minimal salary at ~1400PLN Brutto(~1000PLN Netto), so we have something about 400EU Brutto and 250EU Netto. That is sick. Here in Belgium I earn 159EU at black work on the field in 3 days taking 6EU/h… You need 300EU per month to rent studio and this is ¼ of salary. If you want to rent 
studio in Poland in medium size city you have to pay minimum 600PLN…

Let’s make a simple Hamburger test. In polish McDonalds you have simple hamburger for 3PLN. In Belgium just 1EU. If you earn 1300EU you can buy 1300 hamburgers, in Poland just something about 333. So sad, huh ?

Life in Poland is not profitable.

We are here just few weeks, but we was in Brussels and Paris. Just for few hours, but yes, we have been there.
Here you got few pictures:

http://kimobe.wordpress.com/ - Thx Dawid for Help and patience!

2 komentarze:

  1. Poland is something like experimental camp to test what can an typical citizen stand. You've made fantastic decision, I'm happy you're fine and in one piece :D

    What's more important- I'm from Lubelskie province, very popular salary in the city where I'm unfortunately studying (Chelm 60,000 peoples here) is 960PLN. And check it out- wanna rent a flat? It costs 800PLN! Holy fuck!

    Watch your back my Master :) Game art never die, I have been doing some stuff in Unity 3D for a few days, I love this engine as hell :)

    Sorry if this comment will be bloody long (blank space), but my headphones press me enter key and scrollbar went down for a few seconds :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Hello from this side Seba ! :) Maybe You remember me from g-g , we have some conversation in the past. I wish You all the best. I hope You will finde a full time job and settle down. One more time all the best ! Best regards Seba !

    OdpowiedzUsuń